Yoroi Wallet is an open-source Cardano light wallet from EMURGO, a founding entity of Cardano.
Yoroi held its first Twitter Space last week to provide transparency to users and answer some commonly asked questions.
Yoroi offers both mobile and desktop browser versions for users to store, send, and receive their ADA and ERG cryptocurrencies in addition to staking for passive rewards, and an opportunity to participate in Cardano’s governance through Project Catalyst.
For those who missed Yoroi’s Twitter Space, here’s everything you need to know about Yoroi Wallet’s first twitter spaces update and why it’s important.
Newly Expanded Team for Yoroi
EMURGO’s newly appointed Chief Technical Officer Javier Franco and Head of Product Sergio Ferreros spoke on Yoroi’s behalf.
Some of the most important features of Yoroi were highlighted:
- Yoroi is an open-source light wallet for the Cardano community, created & maintained by EMURGO, which makes it efficient to download and use.
- Yoroi is open-source so the community can verify Yoroi’s code to see if it is doing what it is intended to. This provides transparency and assurance that your crypto assets are stored in a secure place. Additionally, the community can also contribute new features to Yoroi.
- Yoroi is a non-custodial wallet, meaning that you have full custody of your crypto assets. No third party, including EMURGO nor the Yoroi team, have access to your Yoroi Wallet.
New Yoroi Improvements & Updates for Google Chrome Desktop Extension
- Yoroi Wallet facilitates Cardano dApp integration through its dApp Connector
- Fully integrated the dApp connector within Yoroi
- As Yoroi’s dApp connector is CIP30 compliant, all Cardano dApps can connect to Yoroi for transactions and to reach Yoroi’s user base
- Yoroi and EMURGO can assist Cardano dApp projects with technical support for integration with Yoroi
- Available technical documentation for Yoroi’s dApp connector to assist Cardano dApp developers
- Yoroi is working with popular Cardano dApps projects to quickly integrate. These projects will later be highlighted inside Yoroi
- This list of projects will eventually transition into a Cardano dApp Store, to make it easier for the Cardano community to navigate the Cardano ecosystem
2. Yoroi Wallet optimizes sync time
- Latest desktop browser extension (version 4.14.000) deployed
- Wallet sync issues in the past have been resolved
- Loading time is significantly faster
- Improved the UI of the dashboard
- Improved Yoroi Mobile UX, which will be released after the updates on Yoroi Web Extension
3) Yoroi Wallet Customer Support responds within 24 hours
- You can now access Yoroi’s FAQ and customer support ticketing desk directly through Yoroi’s desktop extension
- FAQs can help solve short and commonly asked questions
- For more complex questions, you can submit a customer support request via Yoroi’s Zendesk and the team will respond within 24 hours
- Join EMURGO’s Discord server with dedicated Yoroi Channels to engage directly with the Yoroi team
4) Yoroi Wallet adds currency pairing feature
- Currency pairing feature now available on Yoroi for desktop
- You can see the equivalent value of your ADA and ERG in another other currencies such as USD, EUR, BTC, ETH, and more
- More currencies to be added
- This feature will also be available on Yoroi Mobile in the coming weeks
- To activate currency pairing within Yoroi for desktop:
- Open your Yoroi Wallet and head to Settings
- Scroll down and find the “Fiat Pairing” section
- Choose the currency that you want & click on it
- The paired currency value will display in the upper right-hand section
If you’re a Cardano developer, get in touch with us to integrate
Developed by EMURGO – a founding entity of Cardano blockchain – Yoroi Wallet is an open-source crypto wallet supporting Cardano ADA that provides users with transparency, increased security, and collaboration.
The most recent Yoroi Wallet Google Chrome Desktop Extension has full compatibility with CIP 30 and we’re inviting Cardano dApps to work with us!
Interested in quickly reaching Yoroi Wallet’s large user base?
Integrate your dApp with Yoroi Wallet and the CIP-30 integrated dApp Connector.
Just complete the form below and our team will reach out soon to start the process.
Form: Fill out with details to integrate your dApp with Yoroi
About Yoroi Wallet
- Yoroi Twitter: @YoroiWallet
- Yoroi Homepage: https://yoroi-wallet.com/
- Official Homepage: emurgo.id
- Twitter (Global): @EMURGO_io
- YouTube: EMURGO channel
- Discord: EMURGO Community
- Facebook: @EMURGO.io
- Instagram: @EMURGO_io
- LinkedIn: @EMURGO_io